In this article, we will be featuring two brands of CCTVs–Panasonic and Geovision. Both brands have a wide range of products that specializes on different purposes.
- Bullet Type Cameras are designed for capturing images in a fixed area. These cameras are recognized by their thin and cylindrical design. There are also classifications of Ultra Bullet distinguished by their smaller size and cheaper price.
- Dome Cameras, named after the shape of their housing are designed for in-store installations. It works in two ways as it is unobtrusive but visible, thus, it warns people that the area is protected by a CCTV network and gives comfort to its clients for its security.
- Discreet CCTVs are cameras in disguise, they could look like a fan or any other thing that would not seem suspicious in the area.
- Infrared Cameras are designed for evening lookouts. It captures images with the help of its infrared lighting surrounding its lens.
- Day/Night Types are used for 24/7 installation, these cameras compensate light conditions with its wide dynamic range to function in glare, direct sunlight, reflections and strong backlight.
- Varifocal Cameras are designed to allow zooming in and out without losing focus on the image.
- Network Cameras allow transmission of images through the internet with controlled bandwidth.
- Wireless cameras are cameras that may or may not be connected to the internet. These cameras use signalling devices to transmit images from camera to viewing area.
- PTZ Cameras or pan-tilt-zoom are cameras that can moved. There are variations of these cameras that are programmable and are manually controllable. This allows viewers to have more freedom and control on viewing things.
- High definition cameras are often used in casinos or high risk establishment. With its high resolution lens, capturing images are possible giving viewers a finer detail on taken images.
All these camera types are offered both by Geovision, however, these two have different edges which allows users top identify which brand would they prefer upon installation of their cameras.
GeoVision offers software programmable cameras which gives more control to its viewers. Also, Geovision has camera models that allow cloud storage. This camera allows installation without the need for a recorder but a connection to the internet instead. Panasonic, on the other hand focuses on hardware to hardware connection allowing devices to detect each other faster.